1. _____the children to bed, she began to correct the students' exercises.
A. Sending B. Being sent C. sent D. Having sent
2. Nobody noticed the thief slip into the house because the lights happened to _____.
A. be put up B. give in C. be turned on D. go out
3. Why do you want a new job_____ you've got such a good one already?
A. that B. where C. which D. when
4. He insisted that his brother ____ the window. It was clear that someone else broke the window.
A. should not break B. should not have broken
C. hadn't broken D. would not break
5. ----- Can you come on Monday or Tuesday?
----- I'm afraid _____day is possible.
A. either B. neither C. some D. any
6. ----- Don't forget to come to my birthday party, Mr. Wang. ----- _____.
A. No, I don't B. Yes, I can't C. No, I won't D. Yes, I'm sure
7. Tom's father, as well as his mother, _____in New York for a few more days.
A. suggest him to stay B. suggested him that he should stay
C. suggest him staying D. suggests he stay